Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Blog Is Dirty, Sexy & Money


Contrary to what some may have expected (possibly including the series creator Craig Wright), ABC announced on Friday, November 16 they were picking their freshman sudser "Dirty Sexy Money" up for a full season of 22 episodes. I say that's a great reason to launch this blog.


Those of you who tend to stop by my other effort titled Televisionista know exactly how much I've been obsessing over this opulent series ever since February 2007 when I originally learned about it.

It may only be the old "Dynasty" fan in me, but unlike the many unwatchable attempts to replicate the over-the-top camp of the 80s classic, "Dirty Sexy Money" has managed to engage me with its crisp writing brought to life by a rock-solid ensemble boasting the talents of Donald Sutherland, Jill Clayburgh, Peter Krause and many others.

Dirty Sexy Blog will give me an opportunity to go overboard in dissecting the show without boring those Televisionista readers who take no interest in it.

Meanwhile, the idea that there is going to be a full season of 22 episodes has given me the required drive to invest time and effort into putting this blog together, albeit the ominous cloud of the work stoppage brought about by the writers' strike in Hollywood continues to loom over the production of the back-9.

Still, there have been recent developments that indicate there may be willingness on both sides of this bitter feud to resolve the issues at stake and salvage the 2007/2008 television season, and with that hope in mind, I hereby begin my Dirty Sexy Blog.

Justin Van De Kamp

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home